Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Greetings to all my victims, I hope you are well. My computer at work has been taken away from me. By the lady it belongs to. The happy news is that right now, I'm sitting with a big cabin and a really fancy computer all to myself. I'm thrilled. Don't know how long it will last, but I like to drift along from moment to moment.
Last night, I forgot to save the changes to a document I was editing- being me, of course. This morning, a truckload of people turned up to look at it (including the clients, I think) and when I went to open it, with all the onlookers breathing down my neck, it was nowhere in sight. Needless to say, I made a complete ass of myself. Hmm. My internship has been broken in.
I opened Google News this morning as usual, as soon as I got to work, only to see that Hilary Clinton has won the election in Pennsylvania. The candidates campaigned in Scranton where two (out of twelve thousand) of Hilary's grandparents come from. This makes me more suspicious than ever. The election rigmarole is unfolding itself more like the Bold and the Beautiful (the most unnecessarily dramatic thing I can think of!) than anything else. Things are built up to a nail biting climax.
Hilary Clinton might be full of s***, but she does know one thing. Familiarity, genuine or otherwise, goes a long way. Have I mentioned that before? Even if I have, I feel compelled to say it again. Think about when you vote for the student council in college. You see a candidate standing on stage, smiling diplomatically and you would probably think "I know him, I saw him on the other side of the dance floor at that party I went to two months ago." Perhaps Hilary has lost elections in college before.
The elections seem real as much as "Indian Idol" was a reality show. Everything looked very beautifully rehearsed to me and this does too. I would dearly love to know what they have up their sleeves this time. But I'm also a little afraid to find out.
You should know that sheer boredom compels me to come here and say a lot of things when I'm not in the mood to say anything at all. I hope that sufficiently justifies the rambling, even if it doesn't excuse it.

No comments: